The Pred Needle is a pair of gloves that offer puncture resistance from hypodermic needles and cut protection level F. It is made of a 10 gauge, black, polyester, cotton and steel blend liner that is fully coated in black crinkle latex. The latex coating provides a good grip and the PVC thumb crutch helps to increase the wear properties of the glove. The wrist is elasticated with a PU binding and TPR velcro fastening for a secure fit.
The Pred Needle is certified to meet the following standards:
- ASTM F2878-2010: This standard specifies the minimum puncture resistance requirements for gloves used to protect against needlesticks. The Pred Needle meets the requirements for Level 3 puncture resistance, which means that it can withstand a puncture from a 12-gauge hypodermic needle.
- EN388:2016: This standard specifies the minimum cut resistance requirements for gloves. The Pred Needle meets the requirements for Cut Level F, which means that it can withstand a cut from a 2300 Newton knife.
The Pred Needle is suitable for a variety of applications where there is a risk of needlesticks or cuts, such as:
- Waste management
- Glass handling
- Metal handling
The gloves are available in sizes 8 (M) to 11 (XXL). They should be inspected for damage before each use and replaced if they are torn or punctured. The gloves should be stored in a cool, dry place and kept away from direct sunlight.
Here are some additional tips for using the Pred Needle gloves:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after wearing the gloves.
- Do not wear the gloves when they are wet or dirty.
- Do not use the gloves for any purpose other than their intended use.
- Dispose of the gloves properly after use.
The Pred Needle gloves are a good choice for protecting your hands from needlesticks and cuts. They are comfortable to wear and offer a good level of protection.